What is Computer?
A PC is a programmable electronic gadget that acknowledges crude information as info and cycles it with a bunch of directions (a program) to deliver the outcome as result. It renders yield soon after performing numerical and legitimate tasks and can save the result for some time later. It can handle mathematical as well as for non-mathematical calculations. The expression “computer” is gotten from the Latin word “computer” which means to calculate. This is the definition of what is a computer.
A computer is intended to execute applications and gives an assortment of arrangements through incorporated equipment and software parts. It works with the assistance of programs and addresses the decimal numbers through a line of parallel digits. It additionally has a memory that stores the information, programs, and consequence of handling. The parts of a computer, for example, machinery that incorporates wires, semiconductors, circuits, hard circles are called equipment. Though, the programs and information are called software.
It is accepted that the Analytical Engine was the main computer that was designed by Charles Babbage in 1837. It used punch cards as read-only memory. Charles Babbage (father of the computer).
Type of computer & Generations of computer
The period The first generation of computers was from 1946-to 1959. The computers of the first-generation of the what is the computer meant was vacuum tubes as the basic ingredient for memory and circuitry for CPU (Central Processing Unit). These cylinders, similar to electric bulbs, created a great deal of hotness, and the establishments used to intertwine much of the time.
The main features of the first generation are −
- Vacuum tube technology
- Supported machine language only
- Very costly
- Generated a lot of heat
- Slow input and output devices
- Huge size
- Need of AC
- Consumed a lot of electricity
2. (Profoundly. For e.g., IBM 1401, IBM 1920, and so forth
3. Third Generation of Computers(1964 – 1971): Jack Kilby developed the Integrated Circuit. This Integrated Circuit supplanted the utilization of semiconductors in the third generation of computers. Coordinated Circuits themselves comprise numerous semiconductors, capacitors, and resistors and because of this third-generation computers are more modest in size, productive, and more solid. For e.g., CDC 1700, IBM-360 Series, and so on
4. Fourth Generation of Computers(1972 onward): VLSI (Very Large Scale Integrated) Circuit or they are otherwise called microchips are utilized in Fourth generation computers. Microchip chip is comprised of thousands of Integrated Circuits expand on a solitary silicon chip. The utilization of Personal Computer (PCs) expanded in this generation and First Personal Computer (PC) was created by IBM. For e.g., Apple, CRAY-1, and so on
5. Fifth Generation of Computers (Present and Future): It depends on Artificial knowledge (AI) software. Man-made reasoning depicts the medium and approach to making computers like people, the manner in which human think, the manner in which people act, and so on and this is an arising branch and has every one of the degrees for research work as well. For e.g., PARAM 10000, IBM journals, and so on
[contact-form-7 id=”545″ title=”New Form for Leads”]
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: What is JioBook? launch, price full details | What is JioBook? - Heroes Blogging